Friday, February 10, 2012

For the LOVE of Food: just keep trying!

I've written about my love for food and my picky palette before, 
and I’m excited to give you an update!
(Those who know me well might be a little shocked)
While I admit that I'm picky (I'm not proud of it),
I do make an effort to try new things. 
And I don't mean I try them once and make up my mind,
I realize some things are an acquired taste (like red wine)
which is why I try them several times in hopes that one day I will like them. 

Okay, I'll stop rambling and get to the (juicy) meat of this!
Actually, I should say the fish...
well, sushi!
Yep, ladies and gents,
I now like sushi!
Real sushi, not the veggie rolls I've been ordering for years.

We had been out for sushi with friends and I ordered my usual veggie roll
but decided it was time to try a real roll again.
I tried my friends' Vegas roll and it tasted okay.
The next time we went for sushi (a few days later)
I decided I was going to order a Vegas roll (I needed more than one piece to make up my mind).
I ate the whole thing, and even tried other new ones that I liked too!

Vegas Roll

Fantasy Roll

What's your favorite sushi roll? Have you discovered any new foods that you like?
Do tell!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment