Wednesday, March 7, 2012

February Recap

My apologies for being M.I.A. last month :(
It wasn't until March practically smacked me in the face that I realized I only posted twice in February!!!
Sorry...
But for being a short month, February sure was busy. 
And with it being my birth month and all,
I'm guessing my schedule was packed tighter than most!

I kicked off the month attending the SoCal Blogger meet up.
This was a first for me and I must say I had a blast!
Great food, great location, great sponsors, and even better company!  

Me and my lovely friends who got me blogging!

The following weekend the birthday celebrations began
and they continued all month long!
Yep, that's right, ALL month.
It only comes once a year so better make the most of it!
Right?

It started with a shopping trip to Road Runner Sports for new running shoes.
If you're a runner, you know how exciting this is!


Thanks big bro!
 Followed by family dinner at my Grandparents house.
I requested chips and salsa as the appetizer, chicken and cheese enchiladas with rice and beans for dinner, and mudd pie for dessert!
Birthday dinners at grandma and grandpa's have been a family tradition for decades,
and grandma's home cooking NEVER disappoints!!!

On my actual birthday I came into work to this...

 and a delicious homemade cake, thoughtful card, and gift certificate to get a mani/pedi.
My co-workers sure do know me well!

As if all of that wasn't enough to make me feel loved,
my wonderful husband took me to dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants, Sardinas
and dessert at Cafe Zucchero- the cannoli's are delicious! 
on our way out!
Next on the celebration list was dinner at my parents.
I got to pick the meal again,
we had angel hair pasta with garlic, sundried tomatoes, and proscuitto, ceasar salad, asparagas, and garlic bread.
Oh and I can't forget the delicous (heart shaped) cake my younger brother baked!

To wrap up the birthday festivities some of my closest girl friends and I went out for Sunday brunch at Karl Strauss.
Their brunch is one of my favorites,
with plenty to choose from and endless mimosas!
What more can a girl ask for?

Love these girls!

As if all the birthday festivities weren't enough to keep me busy last month...
My nephew was born!

so precious <3
There was also Valentine's day (which is the day after my birthday),
I picked up my favorite friend from the train station and grabbed starbucks on our way to work.
Then I spent the evening lounging with the hubby and enjoying a night in together.
February was also my last month of hard training to prepare for the San Diego half marathon.
With my motivation lacking
and my running buddies dropping like flies (I hope they heal quickly!),
it was difficult to stick to my training schedule...
but I did it!
Thanks to my college roomie ;-)
We took turns driving to eachother to complete our long runs,
it's so much easier when you have someone to do it with!
Race day is this Sunday, wish us luck!
The hubs and I also started our search for a new place to live.
Our lease was ending and they were raising the rent (sigh),
so it was time to move on.
Long story short-
After searching craigslist and exploring our various options
we decided to move in with two of our best friends! 
(And Lilah's best doggie friend, Jack.)  
And finally,
somehow in between all the craziness that was February,
I managed to start reading the Hunger Games!
Can't stop reading...
and can't wait for the movie to come out!
Lilah likes it too!




4 comments:

  1. Gosh when you put it like that, you WERE busy!!! Can't wait to have you all in the house very soon :)

    Love,
    Heather and Jack (and Steven...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like an amazing month! :)

    ReplyDelete