Thursday, March 15, 2012

Go Big or Go Home!

Sunday was the big day-
The San Diego Half Marathon!!!

After nearly 12 weeks of training
it was time to put my hard work to the test.
I was feeling the least bit confident about the race
but was still aiming to beat my last time and come in under 2:10.
Ready or not, here we come!
As I was running I continued pushing myself.
I passed the 2:20 pacing guide around mile two,
and after the 5K mark I was on a mission to find the 2:10 pacing guide.
I found him right around mile four,
passed him, and never saw him again!


Now it was a matter of keeping my pace so I could finish strong.
I kept running hard, with bursts of encouragement from the fans.
One sign in particular stuck out to me, it read,
" Do you ever ask yourself if you can give more?
The answer is usually YES.
So push harder and run faster!!!"
And that is exactly what I did!
Just finished!
 You can imagine my surprise when my best friend calls and says,
"Friend, you killed it, you broke the two hour mark!!!"
I was already on the verge of tears after crossing the finish line (I always am)
and this definitely made me choke up even more!

I did it!


My new personal record
1:59!!!

We did it!

She got her personal best too, way to go Ash- 2:16!!!
I've been on cloud nine all week,
literally smiling from ear to ear every time I think about it!
I'm linking up with Mrs. Stephanie T. this week for little bits of happiness, 
I've shared what's making me happy :-)
Now it's your turn!  

5 comments:

  1. You are nothing short of amazing! Keep smiling, it looks good on you :D

    Love,
    Heather and Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. That is such a huge accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! what a great accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete