Wednesday, April 18, 2012

International Grilled Cheese Day

I'm not sure if you're aware, but last Thursday was International Grilled Cheese Day!!!
I've talked about my love for cheese before,
so you can imagine my excitement when my husband told me what day it was!

In true fat kid fashion we didn't settle for your ordinary grilled cheese,
and we couldn't make just one kind either.

We started with the best grilled cheese, (yep that's the title of the recipe).
I don't know that it's the best I've had but it was REALLY good!
Then we did a couple variations of your typical grilled cheese,
one with cheddar and spicy pickles,
and the other with cheddar, spicy pickles, and salami.






Top: cheddar w/spicy pickles, Bottom: best grilled cheese
To keep with the cheese theme,
we also made homemade mac n cheese.

Our cheese fest was amazing,
can't wait for the next one!

***Our tweaks***

For the Grilled cheese:
We used grated cheese on all our sandwiches (it gets gooey-er!)
Once the bread was buttered we poked holes through each slice so the cheese could ooze out
We sprinkled grated parmesan cheese on the outside of the bread as it was grilling

For the mac n cheese:
We omitted the eggs
Used non-fat milk instead of whole
Once the noodles we cooked/drained we mixed everything together in the pot, transferred to a baking dish and baked for 25 minutes @ 350
After ten minutes of baking we added panko break crumb topping (next time I'll put the panko on at the beginning)

No comments:

Post a Comment