Thursday, April 5, 2012

Juicy Juice

I have been wanting to do a juice cleanse for some time now,
 but consistently found reasons excuses not to do it.
I finally decided it was time to stop with the excuses and get my booty in gear!
This week the hubz and I did a three day juice cleanse with our roomies.
It was another bonding experience for us all ;)

Naturally we ladies were in charge of making this happen,
I mean, duh!
We could have gone out and purchased a three day juice cleanse
but thought it would be more fun to do all the juicing ourselves.
It was fun to be able to be creative and make the juices we wanted,
but DAMN was it time consuming!
In the end it saved us money and that made our time in the kitchen worth it :-D


We made a variety of juices every day to try and keep breakfast, lunch, and dinner different.
The guys were our best source of feedback,
their critiques pushed us to try new things
and the juices got tastier each day too!
My favorites were an apple & grape mixture, cantaloupe, and a berry, pineapple & lemon mixture.

I don't have recipes to share, maybe next time...if there is one ;)
Have you ever done a juice cleanse?
If so, did you make your own juices?

Either way, pat yourself on the back,
 it's hard work but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment