Friday, January 6, 2012

Spicin' Things Up

Sometimes I get stuck in a rut when it comes to my creativity in the kitchen.
Don't get me wrong,
I LOVE to try new recipes.
But sometimes it's easier to just whip something together without having to follow a recipe!

We have many favorites in my house that I can practically make with my eyes closed
...
well not really, I'd hate to burn myself!
But you get the point.

The hubby and I share a love for tasty food,
but we don't always share the same taste.
He's not so keen on fruits and veggies,
 I'm not the biggest meat eater, and seafood is outta the question!
So you can imagine that it can sometimes be difficult to find something we're both crazy about.
BUT
I'm feeling risky and ready to try new things...
even if they require following a recipe!

And what do ya know?
Cajun Chicken Linguini was a HIT!
We both devoured our entire bowl...yumm.

I'm so excited to add something new to our list of favorites :)
and anxious to try more!


Enjoy!

 
Cajun Chicken Pasta (recipe adapted from food.com):

8 boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut into chunks
4 ounces linguine
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
1-2 cup heavy whipping cream (I used 1 cup non-fat milk and 1 cup whipping cream)
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I used about 4 tbsp.)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used about 1/2 cup, but I love cheese)

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat add heavy cream (and milk if using), tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese. I let it sit a few minutes for the sauce the thicken a bit before serving. Enjoy!



2 comments: